Feeling stressed and out-of-sorts? What can you do to naturally regain control of your life? More and more people are looking back to the past to find ways to optimize their today, specifically chakra jewelry with gemstones.
One such method is truly ancient, dating back to the ancient Egyptians who used crystals to ward off illness and negative energy. You’ve likely seen crystals and stones used in numerous movies and tv shows, both factual and fictional, as amulets and talismans. Often they were just held in pockets or on simple chains to keep their vibrational energy close to the body. However contemporary designers offer a wide selection of jewelry which showcases their amazing variety of colors and shapes at the same time as enabling the wearer to lead a more fulfilling life.
Yogis have even gone a step further by combining the healing power of gemstones with the colors and designs which represent the body’s seven chakras. The outcome is stunning chakra jewelry with gemstone centerpieces.
WHAT ARE CHAKRAS
Literally translated from ancient Sanskit as “wheel”, chakras are often visualized as a swirling wheel of energy. As “energy vortexes” or concentrated energy centres, chakras are a major belief system in eastern cultures to keep people operating at optimal wellness levels. There are seven main chakras in the human body in which energy flows along the spine, starting from the base through to the crown of the head. Each of these seven corresponds to certain feelings and emotions.
1. Root Chakra — Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in the tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
2. Sacral Chakra — Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra — Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra — Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra — The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
In a healthy, balanced person, the seven chakras provide exactly the right amount of energy to every part of your body, mind and spirit. However, when one or more of these chakras is blocked, too open, spinning too quickly or not functioning properly, then wellbeing on many levels can be affected. Yet, energy will flow with ease through the chakras if your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state is looked after carefully. Yogis, in particular, pay great attention to keeping their chakras opened and aligned in order to lead a life of joy and good health. By studying the source of each chakra’s energy and listening to them, they become more in tune with their natural energy or life force known as prana.
THE BENEFITS OF WEARING CHAKRA JEWELRY
No doubt chakra jewelry is stunning in its own right, but they also have healing potential, especially for wearers with the right mind-set. The original yogis living in the Indian sub-continent, not only appreciated energy flows through the chakras, but also how to harness this with the curative powers of crystals and stones to optimize well-being on multiple levels.
The symbolic design of each chakra paired with complementary gemstones and crystals offers many benefits, including;
- Chakra jewelry with gemstones absorbs negative thoughts and connect the wearer with positive energy. For instance, people struggling with an issue find they can shift the focus to a more optimistic outlook. This allows them to re-frame an obstacle and fueled by affirmative thoughts to overcome it.
- They sustain mental calmness, peace and emotional focus.
- They strengthen spiritual energy to facilitate life balance.
- You can connect physical, emotional and spiritual imbalances with the chakras that empower them. With these discoveries, you can begin to balance your chakras, and live a harmonious life.
If none of these sounds valuable, then their vibrant colors and unique designs will make a fashion statement even on the streets of New York and Paris. And depending on the quality of the crystal, it can be an affordable reminder to always look on the brighter side.
TYPES OF CHAKRA JEWELRY
The chakras are energy vortexes in your body by which various aspects of universal energy can be “stepped down” for specific uses. So if you want to clear and stabilize a specific chakra, wearing a piece of gemstone jewelry associated with that chakra through its matching color and symbol will help in many ways. The crystals themselves are natural conduits of energy with their own healing properties, so you receive double value. When you add intention and meditation, you will bring balance to chakras that are out of alignment.
Many people prefer to wear a chakra jewelry bracelet or necklace consisting of all seven stones, the aim being to keep all the energy channels flowing smoothly.