Pretty much everyone loves strawberries and increasingly a strawberry facial. For sugar lovers, they possess all the sweetness without the guilt. They happily adorn desserts with their vibrant red color. Many shades of lipstick are named after them. Coated with decadent chocolate they embrace the concept of love, especially on Valentine’s Day. And they are ever so adorable with that goofy looking green hat sitting atop their conical body.
Despite their popular appeal, few people really appreciate just what a powerhouse they truly are. These tart fruits are packed with powerful anti-oxidants, dietary fibre, and loads of beneficial vitamins and acids. So it is well worth making them part of your regular diet.
Although the concept of a strawberry facial may seem strange at first, these very same factors serve to slow down ageing. Their seeds also act as a gentle exfoliant to remove dry or dead skin, thus sustaining that youthful
look you have worked so hard at through a well-thought out eating regime.
- Vitamin C fights off free radicals that steal oxygen from healthy cells and destroys collagen, one of the major causes of wrinkle formation. They also prevent acne and pimples from popping up.
- Folic acid aids in cell regeneration and the production of new cells in our bodies.
- The anti-oxidant ellagic acid prevents collagen destruction and protects the skin from harmful UV rays. It is one of the main reasons some people have that youthful glow year-round.
- Strawberries acidic nature is effective in removing the excess accumulation of sebum which can cause oily skin and acne.
- The salicylic acid is an excellent exfoliating agent, clearing away dead cells and inhibiting the growth of notorious blackheads.
The humble strawberry does more than just create a fantastic strawberry facial. They can be used as a scrub for the feet, body and even the lips. With its astringent properties, just place several large pieces over your eyes; relax
for 15 minutes and no more puffy, dark eyes. Rub a strawberry across your teeth and you’ll have a brighter smile to accompany your strawberry-fresh smooth skin. Create a strawberry hair mask to soften, nourish and moisturize.
It seems like there is nothing this power-packed berry cannot accomplish for your health and beauty enhancements